Monday, May 19, 2014

I'm back...

Hey, I'm back and diving...
For two years now I've had problems with my back, I had a nasty spinal disc hernia and terrible pain in my S1 and S2 nervs. Well after two years in got worse and I had to have surgery. Now the pain is gone and I'm back in action, which dosen't mean that I'll be better att writing my blog... :)

Earlier in the spring I did one DSD to a family and realised that I wasn't in any condition to dive, so I've waited... Now it's 8 months since I had the operation and I'm ready.

My friend, Mika called and asked if I would come and help him with attaching two buoys at a other friends (Tony) summer cottage. Well I couldn't pass the opportunity to go and try diving, it was probably the easiest two dives I ever done.

Mika came to my place and we tooked his gear and placed it in my car, we drove to Vuosaari and we where picked up by Tony and his grandfather, we unloaded the car and set of by boat to their island. Again we unloaded our gear and hulled it to the other side of the island where we would go in the water.

One of their buoy chains had gone missing during the winter, Mika and I dove where we were told and almost landed on the anchor. Tony's grandfather had approximate guess where the anchors where, he was of by, maybe 10 cm. :) It was just great listening to him telling where everything was. He know the place like the back of his hand.
We attached the chain to my rope and brought it up so that Tony could attach the buoy.

The second dive was a bit more tricky, this time we didn't have a exact place to dive down to, so we had to find the anchor ourselves. It didn't take long for Mika to find it. Now we knew where it was so we went back up to change the tanks and then back again. This time we placed my rope at the end of the chain and pulled it down attached it and unattached the old chain with had been "lost" for a couple of years.

Mika had his GoPro with him and filmed a lot, unfortunalety he didn't have the head strap with him so the videos are filmed free hand. Non the less, great material! Thanks Mika for the videos and still images!

The videos are to big so I uploaded them to youtube, and I know that the pics are a bit too big, SORRY!


Here we are attaching the new chain to the anchor

In this we separated the old chain, this one had been lost for a few years

This video is just to show what a great day we had and was to dive


The two handymen 







No comments:

Post a Comment